Is your beach house a bit dated or do you need a mini makeover? Here are 23 simple decorative ideas that will spruce up and highlight the beauty of your summer residence.
1. Classic Adirondack chairs on the porch.
2. Removable pillow covers and sofa cases in outdoor fabrics like Sunbrella are easy to wash and stand up to damp bathing suits and towels.
3. Braided or woven surface. Because the wooden floors are ironing.
4. Unfinished, unpainted table tops echo the appearance of driftwood.
5. White-white end tables are perfect for bedrooms or living rooms.
6. Removable pillow covers and sofa cases in outdoor fabrics like Sunbrella are easy to wash and stand up to damp bathing suits and towels.
7. A square needle point pillow is displayed on a rocking chair.
8. Use red, white and blue accents for a touch of Americana through your house.
9. Louvered shutters keep the midday sun in the bay on porches and bedrooms.
10. Ceiling fans for circulating the air and cooling the rooms.
11. Underwater theme or tropical mural in a bedroom or living room.
12. Decorative seagrass baskets for storage.
13. Bedding with vivid blue and bright white stripes for a classic nautical theme.
14. For a highly furnished room, keep the windows intact to let the natural light be completely.
15. Picnic table and benches for outdoor dining
16. Simple vintage frames.
17. Seashell framed mirror for the bathroom.
18. A nautical house flag or brightly colored canopy on the porch.
19. Wooden model ship. A mini-version of a sailboat, fishing boat or yacht for a center piece or to show on a mantle or coffee table.
20. Ornamental lawn lighthouse in the yard.
21. Cabinet hardware with shell, lighthouse, dolphin, boat, anchor or palm design
22. Door knobs with anchor or clamshell design.
23. And certainly some seashells, driftwood and sea stones found on your local beach through your beach house for a special touch.
Use a combination of these beach decor tips to get a new and definite beachy feel for your home.